The soapmaking tradition dates back hundreds of years and continues to this day using the same basic principles as it did then. Like any true craftsmanship, it comes with special techniques and skills unique to the product that are adapted over time to suit modern day equipment and knowledge. At Wild Prairie Soap Company, our master soapmakers have found a perfect balance between the traditional craft and the modern-day science of saponification in order to create the finest natural soap.
We incorporate 50% olive oil into every bar, making our soap both long-lasting and excellent for any skin type. The lather is profuse and conditions the skin while effectively and gently cleansing. Each bar is carefully hand cut and fully cured prior to sale. The entire soapmaking process takes approximately four hours from start to finish, with each individual batch producing over 400 bars.
If you’re already a connoisseur of natural soap, then you understand the difference between commercially manufactured soap and the kind of soap we create at Wild Prairie Soap Company. If you’ve not make the switch yet, here are some compelling reasons to help you make that change.
- Natural soap is the only true cleanser that actually helps preserve the skin’s natural moisture barrier, thereby preventing dryness and other issues often caused by the fillers, detergents and animal by-products found in mass-produced soap.
- Wild Prairie’s soap is 100% vegetable based and contains olive oil for extra skin nourishment. Eczema and dermatitis sufferers repeatedly find that switching to our natural soap has completely altered their skin’s condition for the better and in most cases, has reversed their skin issues.
- Natural bar soap NEVER leaves a scum behind – on you oryour tub!
- We use natural ingredients so all of our products are biodegradable which means you can feel good about minimizing the amount of chemicals that are put into our water system. On a personal level you can feel good about reducing the chemicals coming in contact with your skin.
- Our soap making process is environmentally safe. All of the soap ends are either used or donated; visit our store and ask for your free sample!